Thursday, 28 March 2013

hints for hosting a missionary at your church

We've recently returned to Vanuatu after six months in Australia.  While in Australia we visited lots of churches.  We were greatly encouraged by these visits especially by the many people who pray so faithfully and tirelessly for us.

Every visit was different.  Mostly we only went for a Sunday.  On some occasions we also visit mid-week and sometimes overnight on the weekend.  Sometimes Glen preached, sometimes we did an interview, sometimes we gave a presentation in addition.  Sometimes we attended multiple services sometimes just one.  Sometimes we were overwhelmed by people talking to us and sometimes we were left quietly on our own.

I've given some thought to what worked well and what didn't.  I'm going to share some of these ideas over the next little while.  I'd love for your comments as well.  I'm particularly keen to hear what you think makes a good missionary visit to your church.  What is really helpful and what isn't?



As I write the posts, I'd add links here.

Hint #1: cheat on the interview
Hint #2: give them the microphone

1 comment:

Therese said...

Sorry we missed seeing you all.