Monday, 21 January 2013

I need a pattern for "skorts"

'Skorts' is the name used to describe a pair of shorts with a flap across the front so that from the front it looks like a skirt.

I want to make some for my girls.  It's a compromise.  It looks like they are abiding by the local dress code of wearing a skirt (this gets stronger the older they get) but gives them the freedom and modesty that comes with a pair of shorts.

I have looked on spotlight and have looked through the usual catalogues online.  I can't find one.

I have done some experimenting but would like to get a better fit and shape than I have managed by just making it up.

Can you help?

Here are some helpful links that I was sent in response to this post:


Erin said...

I loved skorts as a teen when in Australia as I got use to wearing pants. In Vanuatu I use to just wear bike shorts under my dress/skirt most of the time :)- though got hot at times!

I have a few skort patterns bookmarked - I haven't tried any of them but they have links to free patterns so hopefully one of them will work for you.

Margaret Thatcher said...

Nicole just used to wear shorts under her skirts - still does in fact even though we have been back in Australia almost 13 years!