This is what I want. I want songs...
- with lyrics that can be learnt by ear (not all of us can read, and some of us read very slowly) and in one sitting. This might mean that they are short or that they make good use of repetition (but not repetition that makes us bored).
- with rhythm that is not syncopated (we end up singing on the beat anyway).
- with tune that is not difficult (we want to sing them, not listen to others do it for us).
- with accompaniment that your average Joe Blog guitarist can play (we don't like whipping out the chord chart for every second line).
- that bring glory to Christ and joy to the heart.
Is that too much to ask?