Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Talua's Bible Reading Plan

I mentioned in an earlier post that this year at Talua we are following a bible reading plan (download it here) that will guide us through the bible in a year and that is arranged a little thematically.

We used last's years plan.  Smaller passages were chosen for community devotions each day.  Calendars were made up (adjusted for this year), as well as bookmarks showing the readings for the month and with nifty boxes to check.

People are really excited about the idea of reading through the whole bible in a year!  We have been so encouraged.  Some students have asked for extra calendars to send back to their villages.  Someone passed on a request today from someone in the bush for a calendar to be sent out to them.  How did they even know?

It is still January.  It is difficult to keep up momentum in our own strength.  Pray that God's word would produce much fruit this year!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachael,

I've started using this plan and I REALLY like it!
I have a bit of catch up to do but I'm looking forward to working at keeping it going through the year.
And I'll be recommending it to others.

Alison

Rachael said...

Hi Alison,

I am enjoying it too. It is difficult to catch up. Maybe you could plan to skip some of the chapters of Leviticus and just catch up on the NT?