Wednesday, 31 August 2011

We wish to inform you that...

While on the topic of Rwanda, I thought I'd draw your attention to this book. We wish to inform you that tomorrow we will be killed with our families is an account by Philip Gourevitch of the genocide in Rwanda. I read it a few years ago now so can't say much but you can read reviews here, here and here.

If you want to know more about what happened in Rwanda, and a little of the circumstances and history leading to the events, this is an informative read. It is shocking, sobering, tragic, gut-wrenching. It is slow, heavy going and not the sort of book you ought to read all at once.

There is an interview with the author here, but I couldn't view it... blocked by our friendly network administrator (Glen)! Someone might like to tell me if it is any good.

No comments: