Tuesday, 3 August 2010

the life of a ....

... a what?? See how long it takes you to work it out. It's a short story Sophie (almost 8) wrote for school today.

When I was born the first thing I knew was being carried away from my mother. Then I was put in a packet and thrown into a trolly with heaps of others. Then I was put on a shelf. No sooner was I put on then I was taken off again and was held in front of a thing that beeped and then was stuffed into a box and left there for an hour.

Then I was taken out and something long and thin was pushed through the hole in my behind. Then I was pushed in, out, in, out through a big piece of cloth. Then a voice called out, "Lucy, Lucy" and I was dropped and left on the floor.

After a while I found myself being pushed into a person's foot and heard a voice scream. I was yanked out and wiped clean. Then I was left alone for a week.

Then I was polished and wrapped in paper and left for a day. Next I was given to someone in the paper and the person said, "ugg" and put me away for a year.

When I was taken out, I was covered with rust and thrown in a fire and now I am slowly melting and I am only two.

4 comments:

Erin said...

That was tricky! It took me a while, but I think it's a needle Good job Sophie :)

Rachael said...

You're absolutely right! It was signed, "Sally Needle"

Lucy C said...

Wow, I couldn't get it. Very clever.

Alison Blake said...

This had me stumped! I thought "a doughnut? No; a piece of cutlery? No? " A needle - of course! Ouch!