Tuesday, 9 February 2010

My Baby Bilby

Here's a story Sophie wrote in the style of My Friend Whale, which I referred to here. She writes from the perspective of the mother.
I have a baby bilby and she has big ears. First we wake up and go out from our burrow. Next I go out to get fruit and berries to eat and then my baby goes out to play. Next we have lunch. Baby keeps playing. Then one day when I called her she didn't come so I went and looked for her but I couldn't find her. The same thing happened the next day. And the next day. Do you know what happened to my baby?

Now she just needs to draw the pictures. I think she's captured the plaintive tone quite well.

1 comment:

Raeline said...

Oh, Sophie. Perhaps mother will find her baby. You write so well. Congratulations. Love Grandma xx