Sunday, 1 November 2009

this is the life

Some lines for a song have been flitting around in my head over the last few days. I think they'd make a good verse in a song about life here. They wouldn't be sufficient by any means. But here they are...
Tapping ants from my toothbrush,
shoo-ing geckos from my bed,
sifting weevils from the flour,
combing lice from my head!

And the chorus would include these lines:
This is the life
of this missionary wife

But it would have to end like this;
but I wouldn't change the life
of this missionary wife.

Because despite all the little things that make me groan and complain sometimes, its definitely worth being here.

3 comments:

Mum said...

Is the song your own creation?
I like it.
I'd like to hear some more verses. Does it have a tune?
It would be good to include in my talk on the life of a missionary wife. (The talk I was asked to do but which I haven't done yet)

Rachael said...

I haven't got any more verses yet, just vague ideas. No tune yet. I'm not good at tunes.

Wendy said...

If this was the one you acciddentally put on in Tandem - I like it - it could go there too!!