Tuesday, 17 November 2009

men of whom the world was not worthy

I recommend the talks listed below which have been given by John Piper over the years at a Pastor's Conference.  They are the talks I listened to when Matthew was awake and unsettled in the middle of the night and early hours of the morning for so many nights when he was very little.  I loved the talks and learnt so much about history, about Calvinism and about God.  I often was tempted to lay in bed awake listening even after Matthew had finally fallen asleep.  I haven't yet listened to the most recent three, but will download them I soon as I am finished here.  (You can also find them all here.)

Bill Piper (2008)
John G. Paton (2000) John Paton was a pioneering missionary in Vanuatu.  You might find this one particularly interesting.
John Owen (1994)

2 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for the recommendation.

Rachael said...

you're welcome!