Tuesday, 15 September 2009

on feeling guilty

Recently I made a trip back to Sydney, Australia for medical reasons.

These sorts of trips always raise mixed feelings for me.  I felt absolutely overjoyed at the prospect of visiting friends and relatives (particularly these ones).  I felt relieved that I might at last be able to get things sorted out and be once again on the road to good health.  At the same time I felt horribly guilty that the oppurtunity was mine and not one my friends here share.

What do I do with this guilt?  Do I pretend it isn't there?  Do I try to sweep it under the carpet and forget about it knowing that I would do the same again (and I would)?  Do I talk myself out of it?  Perhaps it's false guilt?  I haven't actually done anything wrong, have I?

How do I understand it and what do I do about it?

Join me as I think about these things over the next couple of weeks.

(yes, I can hear you laughing... as I hope to think about them...)

No comments: