Monday, 21 September 2009

Intrigued by Melinda Tankard Reist

I haven't read any of Melinda Tankard Reist's books, or heard her speak.  But I am very intrigued by what I have heard and very encouraged by the work (I hear) she is doing.  I'd love to read her books.

Nicole has reviewed Defiant Birth: Women who Resist Medical Eugenics here and Caroline has reviewed Giving Sorrow Words: Women's stories of Grief after abortion (on Nicole's blog) here.

Bron writes here about planning to read Getting Real: Challenging the Sexualisation of Girls and why.  She is hoping to write about it on her blog which should be worth following.  Bron also writes here about hearing Melinda speak at Katoomba Women's Convention on Toxic Culture: the Impact of the Media and Popular Culture on Girls and Young Women.

No comments: