discussing various systems of hanging washing. We came up with five
different systems (the first three particularly pertinent to hills
1. One can hang the heaviest pieces (like towels and jeans) on the
inside working out to the lightest pieces (like light shirts and
undergarments). This way the weight seems distributed so as to put
least strain on the wire.
2. Or one could hang the heaviest pieces on the outside so as to dry
3. Or one could hang the shortest pieces on the outside so the rising
or setting sun can reach the inner pieces.
3. Or one can hang like pieces together,
4. or pieces belonging to different members of the family together.
What's your system?