Thursday, 5 February 2009

hanging in there...

It's been quite here for a while for a number of reasons.

First, there was a spill on my computer which put it out of action for
a while. When I returned to Vanuatu Glen was able to fix it so now
it's even better than it was!!

Second, ever since an electrical storm a few weeks ago, our phone line
has been completely dead. There is only one phone on the whole of
campus that works and so while we have access to email through their
phone line, we have no access to internet (it is too slow and
expensive to use on someone else's line). If you want to contact us,
email is the best option. Comments to the blog come to me via email,
(thanks for your recent comments Bec and Alan. Alan, your comment was
helpful and I'll post a response as soon as we're online again). I
can post via email, like today, which I may do every now and then.
The formatting never quite works as well that way... and I can't post
comments.

Thirdly, correspondence school has begun for the year. Bethany has
started so it's taken me a while to get my head around supervising
school for both of them. Kindy is quite intense and while much of
Sophie's work is directed by a tape, there's only so much self-
directed work a six-year-old can cope with!!

So if you're hanging in there to find out what's happening... thanks
for your faithfulness!! We're doing well back here in Vanuatu. It's
raining a LOT and that keeps the place cool. The three weeks
intensive Greek course Glen was teaching with Pastor Shem for the
inaugural class for the bachelor program has gone really well. It's
orientation this week for the students and the big opening service and
feast this coming Sunday. Term One begins on Monday. There's a new
family from New Zealand come to work on staff at Talua, with five
children, and our girls are spending much of their spare time with
them at the moment.

I'm hanging in there for the satellite internet which is on the way...

3 comments:

Hannah Blake said...

Good to have you back!

Erin said...

I didn't even realise you were back in Talua; many prayers!

Raeline said...

Dear Rachael,

Lovely to hear from you again.