Friday, 12 December 2008

A meme: what have you learnt?

A while ago, Erin tagged me to do this meme: what are six things you have learnt this year? I thought now might be a good time to sit down and think about this.

Here goes.

1. I really need a nap in the afternoons.

2. It's difficult being Mum and Teacher. It's difficult relationally; Sophie can't treat me differently or respond differently or suddenly be more obedient just because she has school work in front of her. It's difficult because it's tiring. It's difficult because it's isolating.

3. Christians are sinners. I had this epiphany earlier in the year in relation to my husband. Furthermore, it has become clear this year that while we live in a "christian community" it is still full of sinners, myself included.

4. I learnt (and am still learning) to rejoice that my name is written in heaven and not in the things that I do, no matter how good or how successful they are (or aren't). See Luke 10:20.

5. Blogging is great in moderation. It's been a great way to keep in touch with people and it's also a great way to waste time.

6. God is faithful and His word is refreshing.

I tag Nicole and Jean and Cathy, because I'd really like to read about what they think are the six most important things they have learnt this year.

No comments: