Saturday, 25 October 2008

little pilgrims

Coming up at EQUIP BOOKCLUB in November is Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan. I am really looking forward to reading this book. I haven't read it since I read "Little Pilgrim's Progress" by Helen Taylor as a ten year old. It had a huge impact on my young faith and I can't wait to read the original, which, I believe has had a huge impact of the faith of many over the years.

In the photo, Sophie is reading "Pilgrim's Progress", an adaptation by Tim Dowley to Bethany. Both of them love this book and understand much of the imagery. When Christian's burden falls from his back, Bethany, said, "that's his sin falling away" and Sophie proclaimed after finishing the tale, "Stupid thought he could get to heaven without the Holy Spirit. That's stupid!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a copy if you would like to borrow it.
-Chris

Rachael said...

Thanks, we already have one.