Friday, 5 September 2008

clever as clever

On Sophie’s birthday last Sunday and in keeping with family tradition, I recited this poem by A. A. Milne;

When I was one,

I had just begun.

When I was two,

I was nearly new.

When I was three,

I was hardly me.

When I was four,

I was not much more.

When I was five,

I was barely alive.

But now I am six I’m as clever as clever.

I think I’ll stay six now forever and ever.


I already regret it. There’s only so much “I can do it Mum, have you forgotten I’m as clever as clever” that one Mother can bear.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy birthday Sophie!!

I can't believe it's been 6 years!

Mike said...

We hope Sophie had a lovely birthday, and enjoys being a 'clever as clever' 6 yo. Harry loved talking to Sophie on the phone, and was excited by Sophie having a love heart birthday cake. He has already decided that he is having a rocket cake for his birthday (much to his mother's delight - it is better than a drum kit though!). We heard you guys may be coming back a little earlier this year, and i was hoping we could have Harry's rocket cake sometime when you are around (if possible???). He would love his cousins to join in the 'blast-off'. kt

Rachael said...

We'll be back on the 30th November. We'd love to be there for the count-down.